You already know that a business website is a good way to reach customers, show off your products and provide others with valuable information. But did know there are some very common website mistakes that are easy to make? Here are 6 common business website mistakes that you could unknowingly be making.
- Your website is poorly designed. When it comes to websites, you only have a split second to make an impression. If your website is poorly laid out or too cluttered, viewers will quickly decide it’s not worth their time to wade through the muck to get to the good stuff.
- It’s not optimized for different browsers. Internet surfers aren’t just using Explorer anymore. They are using Firefox, Crome, Safari, or even a mobile browser. Your website may fit differently on the various browsers so make sure to check if it is optimized to fit all browsers.
- It takes too long to load. Like your first impression, most viewers don’t have the time to wait around while your site uploads. If you have too much media imbedded on your site, it just may take too long to render for some viewers, and they will navigate away rather than wait for your site.
- Your website has too many images. Pictures are good for showing customers what you have to offer, but too many images and not enough text can leave people wondering what your site is about. Try to keep a good balance between image and text on your website.
- There are too many ads. There is nothing wrong with monetizing your website, but your outside ads should not take over your site. The main goal of your website is to showcase your business, not to make a little extra cash. Also, make sure that the ads that are displayed are relevant to your business.
- Your pages are not connected. If you have a blog connected to your site, make sure visitors can get to it from a simple click on the homepage. Also, be sure to maintain some sort of design consistency between all your pages.
Having a business website is important to help your business get ahead. But if you are guilty of making these business website mistakes, you may be doing more harm than good for your business. Review and critique your own site, and make any chances necessary to make your website the best it can be.