You want your website to work for you. Whether you are looking for sales or more followers, your return on investment is very important. But if you aren’t getting the numbers you are looking for, it may be time for a change. Here are some ways to help increase your website’s ROI.
- Keep your sales pitches at a minimum. Although your goal is to sell products or services, constantly pitching them to readers will come off as pushy and spammy. It’s fine to pitch your products or services every now and then on your blog or on social media, but keep the number low. The majority of your content and posts should be informative and worthwhile for your readers and followers.
- Present your call to action carefully. Like your sales pitches, your CTAs should not be overly pushy. Try to draw attention to what you want from your readers, without taking away from the value of your content.
- Get to know your audience. Paying attention to your audience can help increase your ROI. Get to know what they like and how they shop. Pay attention to the comments that they leave on your blog posts and feedback they provide on social media. This should give you an idea of what they like and what they don’t; and you adjust your marketing accordingly.
- Know your competitors. Paying attention to what your direct competition is doing can give you an edge. Avoid publishing the same content and offering the same things as your competition. Try to find your own angle that is both rewarding for you and for your customers.
- Have a coherent plan. Spending time on site like Facebook or Twitter is a good thing, but it must be part of a bigger picture. Make sure that all the tactics that you use come together in a marketing strategy that will bump up your ROI.
- Change up the types of content you write. Switching the type of content that you post can allow you to appeal to more readers. Experiment with tweets, twit pics, blog posts, infographics, podcasts and vidoes.
No matter what your marketing goal is, you want to make something off your investment. There are many things you can do to help increase your website’s ROI. Pick any of these 6 ideas, or try a few, to get the results you are looking for.