With so many consumers using the Internet, every business can benefit from marketing online. From articles and blog posts, there are many different ways to get your name out there. Here are 5 types of content that every marketer can benefit from.
- How-to articles. Online users are looking for information. Deliver it to them with informative how-to articles. Keep them fairly short, without any fluff and with useful information. Provide the steps for something that your audience would need to know. Keep it pertaining to your niche, and share your article online through article directories and social networks to direct more readers to your website.
- Infographics. Infographics gained a ton of exposure in late 2012. Not only are they informative, they are entertaining. They also don’t require much text, and leaves more room on your blog for other content. They are also easy to understand, and can deliver your information to both visual and textual learners. You can find infographics on Pinterest, just make sure you credit the creator if you use one that’s not your own.
- Product reviews. Affiliate marketing is a great way to earn extra money with your blog. Providing in-depth product reviews, along with an affiliate link, is a good way to help other companies gain exposure with your blog, and earn some cash for you.
- Funny content. Funny sells. Especially on Facebook and other social networks. In order to conjure up more interest in your own page, you need to post more content than just your own. Take advantage of the many humorous images, e-cards or sayings that can be found online and post them on your page. Sprinkle in funny content in-between your more serious blog posts and articles to gain more likes and shares.
- Quotes. Like funny content, people love to share meaningful quotes. People love quotes that they can relate to, and they especially like those that come from famous figures and recognizable names. In-between posts, throw an inspirational quote in your feed. Chances are they will get liked and shared quickly, leading new people back to your page.
There are many different types of content that can be used on the Internet. These 5 types are specifically great for drawing up interest and directing traffic to your website. Try any or all of them to help market your site.