Marketing trends come and go. At one point, long written content reigned. Not too long ago, social media marketing became king. Now there appears to be a shift towards visual content. Blog posts are splattered with useful images and helpful videos. Even social media is gravitating toward this visual trend. Apps like Instagram and Vine offer nothing but images and short videos. Twitter is now incorporating the use of images within tweets. The time to take advantage of visual content is now. Here are 6 easy ways for you to use visual content to boost your business.
- Use infographics. Infographics are unique because they effectively mix content and images. Other good infographic has four components: interesting data, catchy design, a story and shareability. When done correctly, and infographic can go viral, leading to tons of new readers to your business website.
- Perk up your text. Visual content can really spice up a blind piece of textual content. Pick and image or video that will enhance the meaning of your article. Weave your visual content into your story to grab even more attention.
- Add a call-to-action. With visuals being shared so much right now, it only makes sense to utilize yours. Add some sort of call-to-action on your visuals. Tell your audience exactly what you want them to do next. Do you want them to like or follow something? Do you want them to share the image? Visit your site and check out a product? Since your image has a good chance of being shared anyway, you might as well take advantage of it and tell your readers what you want them to do.
- Get your audience involved. Consumers love to get involved and feel valued. The next time you need a visual or video, why not ask your audience to create it for you? Ask your customers to create a video stating why they love your business and use it as a promotional video. Or have them create images to go along with your newest product that has not been launched yet. It is a great way to create buzz around your new products and involve your community in the process.
- Add your visuals to Slideshare. Slideshare is an interesting hybrid of Pinterest and Digg. It was originally created as a place for businesses to post PowerPoint presentations. Since then, it’s morphed into a social network that lets users share their presentations, videos, images and any other visual content. The site gets over 60 million visitors per month, so it is a great place to share your images and get discovered.
- Watermark all your images. Images tend to get shared more than written content. They are liked on Facebook, they are shared on Pinterest. Since there is no way to guess how far an image will travel, always watermark yours with your URL or business name. This guarantees that if someone comes across your solo image and wonders where it came from, they can easily find your business.
Visual content is huge at the moment. Images and videos are getting shared more than any other type of content. Jump on the visual bandwagon and add images, videos and even presentations to your content arsenal.