In today’s day and age, every business needs to be on social media. Yes, even local businesses that only deal with local customers. The reason? Those local customers are on social media. Even when they need a service or product in their area, they will still go online to find information. Here are 5 compelling reasons why every local business needs to be on social media.
- It will give your business more exposure. Some consumers start their search on Google. Others may start their search on social media. Having active profiles on social media networks will give consumers other outlets to find you and your business.
- It gives you an opportunity to promote your business. Social media gives businesses a safe place to promote their products or services without seeming too pushy. As long as you are posting other information and interacting with your followers, people won’t see the occasional product placement as too sales-y.
- It helps you build a relationship with your customers. Customers want to feel like they are valued, that they have a relationship with the businesses they patronize. Creating an open forum for communication on social media helps foster that trust.
- It’s a great place to get feedback. If you’ve ever gone on any social network you know that people tend to post their opinions fairly often. This includes any complaints or praises the may have about the business. Making sure you have a profile on social media makes it easy for your customers to leave their feedback. And if you happen to get a negative review, address the situation right away and do what you can to fix it. A bad review doesn’t ruin your reputation, not having good customer service does.
- It’s free. What’s better than a free outlet to promote your business? While social media networks do have paid advertisement options, they aren’t necessary to help you build your local business. If you get enough attention to your pages, you can do just as well with free advertisement.
Even for local businesses that never deal with customers outside of their area, social media is a necessary part of their marketing campaigns. Social media gives local businesses a place to reach more customers, interact with them, and market their business for free.