Over 3 billion.
That is how many searches YouTube processes a month.
What does this have to do with your local business? It’s about video marketing. More and more people are searching videos online, making it a great way to bring your business some extra attention. Here is how video marketing can help your local business, and what you need to know to get started.
Benefits of Video Marketing
Video marketing is an extremely useful part of any marketing strategy and can help your business do 3 key things:
- Get found online. YouTube is the second largest search engine. Sharing videos online gives you another chance to be searched and get found by consumers.
- Establish a personality. It’s very hard to convey tone and emotion through written content. By using video, you can actually talk to your audience, showing them a bit of yourself and your personality.
- Show off your expertise. By filming informational videos, you can help establish your industry credibility.
Coming Up With a Plan
Like any other marketing tactic, it’s important to have a plan before jumping in to video marketing. Some things to think about are:
- Budget. How much do you have to spend on your video marketing? While you may have to spend some money on equipment and filming, video marketing is relatively inexpensive to get started. Especially if you plan on sharing your videos with sites like YouTube or Vimeo, it’s free to get started.
- Goals. What is the purpose of your videos? Are you bringing more exposure to your business? Promoting a product? Knowing the purpose of each video will help focus your marketing strategy.
- Content. Since you know your goals, you should also know what type of video you want to create. Will it be informational to teach your audience? Will it be more promotional? And if so, what aspects of your business are you trying to promote, such as products, services or the business itself?
Video Marketing Tips
Once you have a plan, you can get started. Here are some of our best tips:
- Start with YouTube. It’s free to upload videos and it already has billions of users. YouTube will even help with some of the promotions, suggesting your video to viewers who have watched clips that are similar.
- Optimize your titles and descriptions. Make sure your title and video description are working for you. Include a target keyword phrase in each of them to help searchers find your videos easier.
- Include your business information. Since you are using your videos to promote your business, it’s important to always remember to include your information. At the very least, include a link back to your website. You can also add your address and phone number. If you are promoting a specific product, include a direct link to it.
Video marketing is a great tactic to add to any local marketing strategy. And it doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. Not sure how to get started creating a video? Let us help you.