Are you using Instagram for your business?
You should be.
According to these stats, Instagram has over 400 million active users, with more than 75 million users a day.
If you’re not tapping into the power of Instagram, you could be missing out. But using Instagram isn’t just about posting photos all day. It’s about using Instagram ads to help brand your business.
Types of Instagram Ads
There are 3 main types of Instagram ads: images, videos and carousel.
Image ads let you promote an image that looks much like any other photo, but is indicated by the word “Sponsored.”
Video ads are simply videos that can be promoted by a brand.
Carousel ads were introduced as a way for brands to use share more images. Instagram users can swipe a carousel to the left to view additional images, and even a link of your choice.
You can include a call to action with any of these ads, and all of them can help you get more traffic to your website if done correctly.
Getting Started With Instagram Ads
To get started with Instagram ads, turn to Facebook.
No, that’s not a typo. You’re going to need to use Facebook’s Power Editor. And it’s really as easy as creating a Facebook ad.
Follow these simple steps:
- Visit your Facebook page settings, and click on the Instagram Ads tab.
- You will then choose an objective for which Instagram ads are available. For example, you can choose to send people to your website.
- Continue creating your as just like you would create a Facebook ad. Set demographics for your ad such as target audience and language, and also set your schedule and budget.
- Next click on Ad Creative, where you will create the content of your ad. You can run your ad on both Facebook and Instagram or just Instagram. This is where you will be able to pick the type of ad you want: image, video or carousel.
- Edit and crop your images.
- Add the text and links you want to use. You will be asked to select a Facebook page, even if you don’t plan to use the ad on your Facebook page.
- Add a call to action to your ad.
- Click place order to submit it for review.
That’s pretty much it. The Facebook team will review your ad, and if it’s approved it will go live.
Here are a few additional tips for creating the perfect Instagram ad:
- Pick a high-quality image. You want to make sure your image will attract much attention as possible.
- Keep your text to 20% or less of the image space. In fact, Instagram recommends about 125 characters with a maximum of 300 characters.
- Use hashtags to increase your chances of getting your ad seen.
Instagram is becoming a huge social network, and can really help increase your brand’s exposure and your website traffic. Even if you aren’t on Instagram, if you have a Facebook account, you can create an Instagram ad. And it’s easy. Just follow the steps here and get started today.
Have you had a successful experience using Instagram Ads to market and brand your business? Tell us about it and share your tips and tricks in the comments!