When blogging for your small business, you want to keep the information fresh and exciting for the reader so they continue to come back. It can be difficult to continually think of new topics to blog about that are right for your small business. Here are five essential posts that should be featured in any small business’ blog:
- Customer success story: Why not show people what you’re good at? Start with a blog that discusses a customer and the success they’ve found with your small business’ products or services. Tell what made the customer happy with your business and any challenges that you had to overcome to succeed in making them a satisfied customer. Readers love to relate to other people and a customer success story can help them do just that. It shows the readers what they can expect from your small business and demonstrates the quality of the experience they are bound to have if they purchase from you.
- Introduce your staff: Customers will enjoy reading and getting to know about your staff members. Introduce each person in a fun way and convey a little bit about his or her personality. Customers will recognize them when they come into your small business and will feel more comfortable striking up a conversation with them. This is a great way to improve customer relations and create friends and loyal customers.
- Answer FAQs: There is bound to be a series of questions that get asked by your customers on a regular basis. Why not help your readers out by answering some of the most frequently asked questions in a blog post? Others reading your blog will most likely have the same questions and would appreciate knowing the answers. This can influence a customer to decide to do business with your company. Answering a question that a potential customer may have been afraid to ask will put them at ease and help them through the buying process.
- Give a behind the scenes tour: Provide an inside look at how your business operates by giving readers a tour of what happens behind the scenes, or by showing how you make a product come to life. Readers love to understand how a business operates and it will impress them to see your small business in action. They will come to appreciate what goes into the products and services you offer and be more likely to buy from you.
- Tell your small business’ story: How did you get started? What is your history? Tell your readers the story of your small business and how it all got started. Readers will enjoy knowing the history of your business and appreciate the personal quality that it offers. Don’t forget to mention what your small business’ plans are for the future so your readers have something to look forward to.
By addressing these vital topics on your small business’ blog, you are sure to garner readers and new customers—and remember to keep your information new and up to date, so readers continually have a reason to come back and visit you.
About Lexi St. Laurent
Lexi joined BizIQ in March of 2015. She brings over eight years of experience in social media, content marketing, and community management to the team, and has a passion for helping small businesses grow through online marketing.
More from Lexi | LinkedIn